Getting your patio table ready for summer –
The sun is out, and you’re planning to host your first BBQ of the summer. The chances are you haven’t thought twice about your garden furniture all year. So, when you come to discover your once attractive glass patio table is now weather-worn and looking less than summer-ready, it can a bit of a shock.
Luckily, all is not lost! At The Glass Warehouse, we specialise in manufacturing and toughening bespoke glass pieces. Ranging from crackle glass to frosted glass, to name but a few! A tired looking glass patio table doesn’t have to mean a trip to the tip. In fact there are plenty of things you can do to rejuvenate your patio table – and we can help.
Why glass table tops are great for your garden
Glass patio tables aren’t the only choice out there this summer, but opting for glass provides a host of benefits:
- Affordable – you can get your hands on a glass table top for less than £100. So there’s no need to break the bank kitting out your garden with summer pieces.
- Durable – toughened glass table tops in particular can withstand most extreme weather conditions, making them super long-lasting. So, if you pay a little extra to get a toughened glass table for your garden, you are investing in summers to come and making a long-term saving.
- Easy to maintain – glass tables are pretty easy to clean and, unlike other options such as wooden tables, they do not easily damage in wet conditions.
Don’t automatically assume you need to replace the glass
We don’t expect you to keep on top of the cleanliness of your outdoor furniture all year round, who wants to be cleaning down unused furniture in the cold and rain after all? But, when it does come time to start using your patio table again, you may be taken aback by the layers of heavy filth and debris that coat the surface – making it tempting to just replace the whole thing!
If this is sounding all too familiar, we encourage you to think twice before replacing your entire table. By following these steps, you can bring your table top back to life with minimal effort or cost involved.
- Using a damp lint-free cloth or sponge – firstly go over the surface of the glass table top lifting off any loose residue that can be easily wiped away. This will also be effective in removing any insect or bird droppings that are present. Please bear in mind that if you have left your table for a long time, you may need to repeat this a number of times before moving onto the next step.
- Using hot water and dish soap – use a clean lint-free cloth to wash the surface of the glass. This will target those deeper marks and stains that couldn’t be removed simply using a damp cloth.
- Be sure to use a clean cloth to wash away the grime from the base and legs of the table.
- Once you’ve washed the table top, we recommend letting the table dry naturally in the sun. However, you can also use an absorbent cloth if needed.
Why should you look at replacing your patio glass table top?
Whatever your reason, reinventing your garden for summer doesn’t mean repurchasing all your old furniture.
At TGW we offer our customers bespoke glass solutions, so if you just need to replace your glass table top, we can help! We offer a range of toughened glass table tops, frosted glass, painted glass, printed glass and more. So it’s worth getting in touch to see how we can help.